Enable/Disable Twitter's video autoplay
Video tweets' autoplay feature is very convenient as you don't have to click play to watch them. But sometimes autoplay can be annoying and you might want to turn it off. The following instructions will show you how to disable Twitter's video autoplay feature.
To adjust autoplay on twitter.com:
- Go to https://twitter.com. Log in if you haven't already. If you need help logging in, go here.
- Click your profile picture at the top right and select Settings on the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and find Video Tweets.
- Uncheck Video autoplay to disable the feature, check to enable. Then click Save Changes.
- Enter your password to confirm changes and click Save changes.
To adjust autoplay in your Twitter for iOS app:
- Navigate to your Settings.
- Under the General section, tap Data.
- Under Video, tap Video autoplay.
- You can select from the following options: Mobile data & Wi-Fi,Wi-Fi only, and Never.
To adjust autoplay in your Twitter for Android app:
- Navigate to your Settings and privacy.
- Under the General section, tap Data usage.
- Tap Video autoplay.
- You can select from the following options: Mobile data & Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi only, and Never.
Note: Regardless of your video autoplay settings, videos, Vines, and GIFs will autoplay in Moments.